Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The easy 5

Yesterday was a very busy, and very stressful day. By the time Phil got home from work after 6 pm, we still had to grocery shop, pick up prescriptions, pick up a couple of things from Target, and I needed to run. Oh, and eat dinner too! Thankfully, Phil took Jacob and dropped me off at the gym, ran our errands, and then picked me back up, so that I could get my training in.

I hopped up on the treadmill and ran the first three miles with no walking...only stopped at 3 to pause the TM and run to the bathroom, then hopped back on and ran another mile. Then I decided to walk because I wasn't sure when Phil would be back. I felt good so I decided to do some "strides'- just little "sprints" where I run faster than what will probably be my race pace. Before I knew it, I had done another mile! I stopped then and got in some good stretches, walked to the door just as Phil was pulling up.

Today is a 3 miler, and I will be doing weights with Stephanie. After that I am planning on just playing with Jacob since Luc spent the night at a friends. Hoping today is a lot less stressful!

2 comments:

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

i hope today was better! sending hugs.

L*I*S*A said...

I love when that little extra turns into another mile! Way to go!!