Thursday, June 14, 2007

The all comer track meet

Yesterday evening Phil, Jacob and I went to the all comers track meet at Furman University. There is a sign in sheet, and then you just do whichever events you want to. They started with a warm up lap, and Jacob ran a whole lap of the track. Then Phil took him so I could warm up. My right leg was bothering me really badly last night. I decided I wasn't sure how much I would really run.

Jacob did the 50 meter race and got a ribbon, then he and I did a 100 meter relay and he got another ribbon- he was thrilled! Me- not so much. The pain in my leg was just worse. I told Phil that was all I was going to do, because I don't want to end up injuring myself. I ended up taking prescription strength ibuprofen last night, and it doesn't hurt so much I want to cry, so I guess we're on the right track. I will either try to ride the stationary bike at the gym or pedicab tonight- I guess it depends on the weather.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay Jacob! Hope your leg feels better, Patti. I know that must worry you, but you'll do fine.

Are you ready for free 8:30 PM bagels again yet? =)