Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunrise 8K

Saturday morning I ran the Sunrise Run 8K with some of my TNT teammates. Phil came with me and ran with me, too! It was great that the race was so early- 6:30 AM, but it was still plenty hot out! My first mile I did 11:15, the second was maybe 11:40, the third mile was the worst, at something like 12:30, and then I was faster on the last two miles. Total overall time ended up being 57:something. I was fairly happy with that, since I really just wasn't feeling the love on this run. Weird, I ran real hard Thursday, and loved it, but it just wasn't there for me Saturday. However, my times are getting faster so that is something to be happy about!

Saturday we drove up to my parent's house, then to my cousin's. Their daughter graduated from high school, and so my cousin Tom got to take leave from Afghanistan. It was just SO good to see everyone! I was happy that my cousin Bernice said she reads my training blog! (Hi, Bernice!!) We just had a great time seeing everyone, it was just a great time.

Today is 3 miles- I woke up late so I didn't do much at the gym, so I will just run the 3 tonight. I may do 5 tomorrow, because I want to go to the all-comers track meet Wednesday night and run some short fast races! I think it is going to be fun.....

Will try to post a pic later- I have to download to our other computer first, though.

1 comment:

The Traveling Yogi said...

Great job on the run! Keep up the great work.

I saw your comment about the tri you left in my blog. If you are concerned with the swimming part, you might see if there is somewhere that has a tri-specific swim class. That's what I did my first year. Then I did a tri with TNT, which helped a lot with the swimming, too. If your local group trains for a tri, that might be an option.