Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What a difference

Two workouts since I last posted. Yesterday's was 2 miles, to be run at tempo (race pace). I really don't know what my tempo is yet, so I figured, I'll just run as fast as I can for two miles. Not sprint, but the best I can. I have a hard time controlling my speed, so I started out too fast and then had to walk a little bit. Started up again and still running too fast, so I just brought it down some. Did a little sprint (from one driveway to next) and then tried to just continue in that vein. I ended up doing my 2 miles in 22:53. That's pretty good for me for now, since I am running at around a 12 minute mile. I got home and got into an icewater bath (to alleviate some of the soreness) but I'll tell you, my hamstrings are sure sore today!!

Today's workout was an easy three miles. I ran this on the treadmill, and had my session with Stephanie. We did upper body today- bench press, flies, bicep curls, tricep extensions, seated rows, and lateral raises. I love working my arms because they aren't so strong- but during yesterday's run, I could feel my arms helping in my run. Like they were helping me to move forward, instead of just flopping around like dying fish!

Tomorrow's run will be a tough one- 4 easy miles, but it is supposed to get into the 90's. I may have to run in the morning and not drive Phil to work. I don't run real great in the heat until I really get conditioned to it. The TNT drifit shirt from Nike helps A LOT!!

I am so thrilled to report a $100. donation on my website from my dad's cousin! And today, after my workout, I dropped by the storage facility to pay my sister's rent, and the woman behind the counter gave me $5 for the fund! I am so grateful to everyone who is donating, WE CAN CURE LYMPHOMA TOGETHER!!!!! Thank you!!

No comments: