Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The easy run

Yesterday, 3 easy miles were on my schedule. Not that long ago, I would have though "3 miles EASY? Yeah, right!" Well, I set the TM for 5 MPH and started flipping through one of those gossip magazines. I can't really read them while running, but I just look at the pictures. You can still learn a lot that way- like that Jessica Simpson is dating a guy whose head is twice the size of hers (really- you need to check that out!) Depending on what week it is, Brad and Angelina are doing great or getting divorced, Britney Spears is always doing something stupid, and Paris Hilton is showing up somewhere in various stages of undress. Then there are the back pages which are my favorite- the worst dressed. It is frickin hilarious the getups some of these "stars" go out in. My father in law dresses better than that (and he's the guy that wore zubas pants with striped shirts).

Anyways- with all that entertainment, the 3 miles was over before I knew it! No losing my breath, no muscle tiredness, and no soreness! How great it is to see my body is finally getting used to this running thing! Today's run is a tempo run- 2 miles. I will have to wear my HR monitor and see if it has improved since last week's tempo run. I am getting psyched!

No comments: