Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Six Miler

I was quite anxious about this morning's run and what my sciatic nerve would decide to do. Apparently, the past two days of popping ibuprofen and laying on an ice pack did the trick- I just felt it mildly in the last mile, in my hip only. Thank you God!

So, we ran a new route today, and it was a pretty nice run. There were several hills on it, and we left the Furman campus. I enjoy new routes, with new things to look at and distract me! We went by a real pretty house that had a huge vegetable garden. It smelled like they had just fertilized everything though!

I have been running with another participant doing the MCM. He coaches cross country in high school, so he always has good tips on form etc. We help push each other along, and we even had people finish behind us! Our time for 6 miles was 1:10. That translates into an 11:20 pace. So I am staying with my faster pace, even for a longer run- yay!

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Love new routes. They always instill a feeling newness to my running. :) Glad you enjoyed your route, too!

Katie said...

Good for you, Patti! I'm so glad everything is falling into place!