Friday, May 18, 2007

Wow, what a day!!!

OK, first of all, Wednesday I worked out with my personal trainer and we did a bootcamp workout and she KICKED MY BUTT!!! It was awesome- I almost threw up.

Yesterday- day off, except for some stretching. Today, I was busy most of the day but will do my pushups and crunches before bed. But the reason I was busy- I did my first fund drive! I sat outside Walmart from 10 A- 6 P. I raised $248! I was amazed when I counted it. It was shocking how many times I heard "My (aunt, uncle, cousin) had (is in remission, died from ) leukemia or lymphoma." It is such a widespread disease! And one of the people who donated and chatted with me, observed that it was those you wouldn't think would donate, that did. And those who looked like they had extra cash, didn't donate. These were my observations: Every gangster type guy who I asked, donated. Black men donated the most, followed by black women. Then white women, then white men. Not one latino or asian donated. No one wearing kelly green donated (well I was never a big fan of kelly green anyways!) Many young people donated. If it was an elderly man and woman together, they didn't donate. But elderly men by themselves did. It felt so good to help out this cause!

Tomorrow morning I will be leaving the house at 0545 to run for the first time with my coach and hopefully some of my teammates!!! Then we will be going to GA for Phil to do a race. It will be a sporty day! I hope your weekend is, too!

No comments: