Saturday, May 5, 2007

I am official!


I did it- I signed up today for the Marine Corp Marathon with Team in Training. I have about 20 weeks to get ready for it. I am running for my dad, who was just diagnosed with diffuse Bcell lymphoma. He will be getting chemo while I train, and when I run at the end of October he will be near the end of his chemo.

I started this blog so that my donors can track my progress and see what I am doing to get ready for this big race!

Today, I did 3 miles on the treadmill since it has rained all day. I did my 3 miles with two brief walk breaks- they totaled about 5 minutes. While I am running I like to listen to music, and I daydream too. Today's fave songs were: Jesus Walks (Kanye West) and the theme from Rocky. My daydreams: squashing cancer cells with each step. Also running to the beat of: kill. cancer. kill. cancer. as well as dad. Jenny. dad. Jenny. Jenny is a girl I met on the Runner's World forum whose dad had the same type of lymphoma as my dad. Jenny is fighting Hodgkin's disease right now.

This picture is from the end of my three miles at the gym. Looks great, doesn't it?


No comments: