Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend


I went to my parent's house this weekend with Jacob to surprise my family. Jacob's b-day is coming so we had a little party for him too! He had a lot of fun with the birthday hat, as you can see!

Friday I drove to my parents (5 hours) and in the evening I went out with my sister to jog/walk. She is just starting to work out andso I think we did maybe 2 miles, mostly walking. I told her what was important was that she was out there moving.

Saturday, we were going to go on Ft. Bragg and run on one of the tracks, but I had a headache and her shins hurt, so we skipped it. And then- I told my mama that I had been craving chicken wings, so she made them for me! I felt like an Italian boy! (The mamas always waited on them hand and foot while the girls had to do all the chores).

Today, woke up with same headache. We drove back and instead of 5 hours, it took us 6. There had been some sort of big accident and so we were stuck in standstill/inch forward traffic for an hour. It really did not bother me, because I didn't have a schedule to keep up with. Plus, I was better off behind the accident than to be in it.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting a run in tomorrow. And now that our pool is open, I can really get that ice bath after a run!

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I can't wait for our pool to open! I'm practically counting the days...

The Traveling Yogi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog as well. Yes, I do triathlons also. I did my first sprint distance right after my first marathon. The next season, I did an Olympic distance with Team in Training. If you are interested in tris, but worried about the open water swims, I would suggest taking some kind of swim lessons inside first. I took a "triathlon ready swim clinic" that was 6 weeks long. I knew I could swim, but didn't realize before that class that I didn't swim "properly". I would also suggest getting with a training group (or joining another season with TNT). It just takes lots of practice to get comfortable with it. The more you can get in the open water, the better. And I'm lucky in that respect because I live in Texas where it is hot most of the year.