Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tonight we had our meeting- this one was about fundraising. I got some posters and stuff for doing bucket drives, and some other things for sending letters and such. I also got my running schedule! It was so exciting- I got my envelope with my name on it, and when I opened it, the first page was "Patti's individual training plan- Marine Corp Marathon". Oh how exciting! It lists out each day what I am supposed to run- I will be running 5 days a week, with my long runs on Saturdays (with the group). There are actually 2 weeks before the plan starts, so I have a pre-training training schedule too! I will run at Furman on Saturday with the group- the rest of the week is going to be cross training, including an hour session with my personal trainer tomorrow! (she kicks my butt!)
The best part was talking with one of the volunteers and finding out more information about how to help out my dad. He will be going to the doctor's office many times over the next couple of weeks, to get a bunch of tests done before the port-a-cath is put in and he starts chemo. So I guess this will be like his pre-training training, too. I'm afraid mine will be much more enjoyable. And much easier too.

2 comments:

The Traveling Yogi said...

How exciting. We have our official kick-off on Thursday and I am ready. Our first official practice will be Saturday morning. Best of luck to your dad as he goes through his treatment. I'll keep him in my prayers.

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like a great start to training!

I can relate to what you are about to go through with dad. My mom successfully battled with sarcoma, so we dealt with the port insertion, chemo weekly, subsequent surgeries and adjuvant radiation. All's well that ends well, though.

I'll send positive vibes to your dad! You have no idea how much your presence will mean to him. :)