Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Running and Kickboxing

Just not at the same time! Yesterday I worked out with a different trainer at the gym since the wonderful Stephanie is away at a conference. I started out on the treadmill and ran 4.5 miles. A pretty good run, it is feeling so much easier to complete more than 2 miles! My speed is also picking up now which I am very happy about. I am even getting better at reading on the treadmill!
After my cardio, I worked out with Mike and we did kickboxing. It was fun! That is not to say it wasn't hard- I almost puked which means my heart rate was near 160's- but it is always fun to change around your routine a bit. I worked on beating down those cancer cells- my daddy's and Jenny's, a girl I know who has Hodgkin's disease. It felt so great to just kick and punch those bags- great way to work out your frustrations!
Daddy is having his third chemo treatment right now. It seems like they are coming so fast- like his last treatment was just last week. I guess we just need to be happy that he is getting the treatments behind him!

3 comments:

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

Kickboxing sounds perfect! You're in my prayers...

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like a great workout to me!

A fellow blogger is battling Hodgkin's Disease, and I know she would appreciate some support if you're able to give it.

She's a great gal from the Runner's World Beginner's Forum, Civil War buff and before Hodgkin's, she logged some SERIOUS miles.

Check her out at http://www.drawthesword.goellnitz.org/

Her name is Jenny. :)

Again, GREAT workout...I was tired just reading it!

The Traveling Yogi said...

Reading on the treadmill? You are way more talented than me! Kickboxing sounds like fun. Way to beat those cancer cells. I know when my brother-in-law went through treatment for lymphoma it was the same way. It seemed like he had just finished one treatment when it was time for the next. He had intense treatments for six months but has been in remission ever since. That was in 2003.